2010年5月11日火曜日

Part-Time Shop Girl

Hello, this is the shop where I now work part-time! M & Co. It sells cheap, quite fashionable clothes (but not as fashionable as H & M) and seems a very pleasant place to work. The staff are friendly and smiley, which is very reassuring. This week I am working 9 - 1 and of course I am "In Training." Yesterday and today I put the newly-delivered clothes on hangers and steamed them with an amazing steam-iron! Then I tidied the clothes on display in the shop and said, "Hello!" to customers. So far, the customers have been very nice people. I wonder when the strange ones will arrive? Nearly all the staff are women (aged between 16 and 51) but there is one man (ちょうオネエっぽ い)called Patrick. Today he told me he can say three things in Japanese: これはなんですか?and どこですか?and おねがいします! I was very impressed. (But why does he know them? Hmm . . . a mystery . . . )
The weather is terrible! Today is like February - grey skies, cold, unbelievable.
Last week we had a general election. The horrible Conservatives got most seats but not enough to make a government, so now there a lots of "discussions" (arguments) between the main parties. Very depressing. Bad British weather and bad British politics - a horrible combination. I have to read a lot of fiction to escape!

2 件のコメント:

  1. Sounds interesting...the guy(or lady),Patrick.
    I wonder if you might sell fashonable clothes like those in 109.Pls show us your recommends in your shop sometime.

    Eriko

    返信削除
  2. Patrick is definitely a man, and a very kind one, I think, although I don't know him very well.
    Hmm - is the shop as fashionable as 109? Maybe not! There are things for kids, and for teenage girls, and for young and middle-aged women. Some of the clothes I like and some are horrible! When you visit, I'll take you, Eriko :)

    返信削除